Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Shabby Chic Make Overs...

I  had this wood box in my booth and it just wasn't selling, although I did have it priced very reasonable. I took it home and gave it a fresh coat of paint.   I used some decals I had in my scrapbooking supplies ,putting them on with mod podge. I sponged on ink around edges and handle. .Also used a rubber stamp for the "postage stamp" look.  Cut a piece of burlap and put inside.  Took it back to my booth,  (I was tempted to keep it. ) It sold in just a few days !!!



 This was just a plain wood stool . I  Painted it off white, then made a cushion out of unbleached muslin. Used a " French" graphic  on top. ( Thanks to Graphic Fairy ) I just love their blogspot ! It needed a little something extra, so I used the black tuille and put a white burlap flower on the front. The center of the flower is a button I found in my button stash !  This really gives it that "shabby chic" look !
 I just love the " Paris Look" ! I plan to redecorate one of my bedrooms in this look, so I will try to post my pictures on my blog as I get started.  I again used a French Chocolate graphic label and printed directly onto the fabric.  This also came from Graphics Fairy.  The black trim around the label just added a sweet touch to this pillow.
                                                Graphic I used for the top of nightstand.
 This nightstand was stained a dark color . I changed the look by giving it several coats of off white.  I replaced the knobs  with some cast iron ones I found at Hobby Lobby.  The " Paris" words on the front are hand painted. I used a " French" design on top of night stand from Graphics Fairy.
 Gold shelf that I painted black , then did some dry brush painting over it to let a little of the black show thru.
 This lamp worked fine but because of the design was going to the dump. I salvaged it and had lots of fun redecorating it.  I mixed some fabric stain watered down in a spray bottle and color washed the lampshade. I spray painted the base of the lamp ( which was mauve) off white.  I made the roses out of cotton fabric and then color washed them also.  Hot glued a doily onto lamp shade and hot glued the fabric roses. Feather boa  is at the top. I took some feathers from it and put with rose arrangement, then added some pearl accents. Very pretty when lit up.


No comments:

Post a Comment